Timely information from Unit President Linda McGlothlin:
1) PSRS/PEERS ballots for Board Members will be in mailboxes any day now. MRTA has endorsed Dr Collins and Dr Vitt for PSRS/PEERS Board positions. Please consider voting for Dr Collins and Dr Vitt.
2) All LCARSP meetings, capers, and events in May have been CANCELLED!
3) LCARSP Craft Club members are creating fabric face masks and have them available to anyone who needs them. Crafters suggest a donation be made to the LCARSP Grants to Teachers fund for the masks. if you would like a mask(s) please contact any LCARSP member who may direct you to a craft club member. (See photos for possible fabric choices.)
4) Be aware and avoid the many scams that have developed! Do NOT GIVE, OR POST, ANY personal information (ie. phone number, PINs, address, email, birthdate, SSN, credit card #, maiden name, kids or grandchildren names, pets' names,...!)
5) Be careful if you need to go out and about in our communities. Remember to "social distance" as this virus knows no boundaries, and particularly preys on the "vulnerable population" -- which is most of our LCARSP members!
Finally, as the present health situation has altered our LCARSP plans for April and May, in order to meet the required number of yearly meetings, please tentatively put Thursday, July 9th on your calendars for a possible "make-up" LCARSP general meeting date. I will put this before the Executive Board to discuss and make a decision whether to hold a July meeting.